Monday, 12 May 2008

Just call me Calaria....

Hey hey!

Just a quick post as, for reasons that will become evident, I've not been up to much this week, but I wanted to reassure those of you who may have heard on the grapevine...

I had malaria. fun fun fun. A work of advice - if you get ill in Zambia do not do it at the weekend. I started feeling ill on Saturday but on Sunday, despite trapsing up and down town (which is the last thing I felt like doing) to various clinics and hospitals, it transiped that in the whole a Kabwe (a major town, in Zambian terms) there were no doctors working and no labs open. So, back to bed until Monday...

Anyway, it eventually transpired that I had malaria and by Tuesday I was on (disgusting) medication, which sorted out the fever and achiness, to my relief. Within a few days it had also sorted out the sickness. But I was fairly weak for a time. In the first 48 hours of being ill I slept 34 of them! And for the next week I was sleeping at least 15 hours a day and couldn't eat anything. But hey ho, I'm fairly well recovered now and back at work today.

Thing are a little slow at the start of term, which is possibly a good thing given the above, and also given that Chitalu has decided to run of to Lusaka for a while.

Anyway. That's pretty much all my news - since the last post I have just been in bed.

Love love love and prayers prayers prayers

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Chris said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill Claire - it sounds pretty nasty. I hope you're over the worst of it now though and that you get back to having a good time. Thinking of you! Chris

Janet said...

Hi Claire, glad to hear you're feeling better! We've been thinking of you. Heard from your dad that you're thinking of changing tack - good luck with everything! Lots of love from Janet, Tony and Freya xxx

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.